PUBLIC INTEREST CENTER: (614) 644-2160
MEDIA CONTACT: Linda Fee Oros
CITIZEN CONTACT: Mary McCarron
Ohio EPA Accepting Applications for Environmental Recognition Program
Ohio EPA is accepting applications for its new program that recognizes those committed to environmental excellence. The program awards those who reduce waste, improve efficiency and work to continuously improve as an environmental steward.
The program – Encouraging Environmental Excellence (Ɛ3) - is accepting applications for two of three recognition levels: Bronze and Silver. Recognition provides Ohio businesses and other organizations with credit for completing environmentally beneficial activities, and an incentive to commit to future environmental stewardship efforts.
Bronze Level – Applications are accepted any time throughout the year. This level is designed to recognize any entity completing environmentally beneficial activities. Benefits to participating include:
- a certificate of recognition signed by the director;
- a listing on the Ohio EPA website;
- program highlights published in the Agency’s Compliance Assistance and Pollution Prevention newsletter; and
- a decal with the Ɛ3 logo to display at the applicant’s location.
Silver Level – Nominations for this level are due April 27, 2012. This annual award program is designed to recognize businesses and others that have a good environmental compliance record and have completed environmental stewardship activities. The silver level recognition includes:
- an Ɛ3 flag to hang at applicant’s facility;
- Ohio EPA news release highlighting the entity’s environmental accomplishments;
- invitation to an awards ceremony and possibly a site visit by the Ohio EPA director; and
- highlight of recipient’s efforts in a case study to publicize their proactive approach to environmental stewardship.
To learn more about applying for recognition under the Ɛ3 program, visit www.epa.ohio.gov/ocapp/ohioe3.aspx, or contact the Ohio EPA Office of Compliance Assistance and Pollution Prevention at 1-800-329-7518.
- 30 –