Ohio Administrative Code (OAC) Chapter 3745-24, NOx and VOC Emission Statements
Contact: Erica Engel-Ishida (614) 644-3631
- OAC 3745-24-01 Definitions - Effective Dec. 17, 2016 [PDF]
Summary of rule: Definitions specific to the emission statement requirements are provided; otherwise, the definitions as they appear in OAC rule 3745-15-01 apply.
- OAC 3745-24-02 Applicability - Effective Dec. 17, 2016 [PDF]
Summary of rule: If a facility is located in a county which has been designated nonattainment for the National Ambient Air Quality Standards (NAAQS) for ozone and emits 25 tons or more of volatile organic compounds (VOC) or nitrogen oxides (NOx), an annual emission statement must be submitted beginning with calendar year 1992. In determining whether or not a facility emits 25 or more of NOx or 25 or more of VOC, sources that are exempt pursuant to Section 3704.011(A) of the Ohio Revised Code do not need to be included in the emission estimate. If a county is redesignated to attainment for the NAAQS for ozone, facilities within that county would be exempted from the emission statement requirements beginning with the next full calendar year after the re-designation by U.S. EPA.
- OAC 3745-24-03 Deadlines for the Submission of the Emission Statements - Effective Dec. 17, 2016 [PDF]
Summary of rule: The emission statements for calendar year 1992 shall be submitted no later than July 1, 1994. The emission statements for calendar years 1993 through 2004 shall be submitted by Nov. 15 of the calendar year following the year covered by the emission statements. Beginning with reporting year 2005 and each reporting year thereafter, emission statements must be submitted by April 15 of the calendar year following the year covered by the emission statements.
- OAC 3745-24-04 Emission Statement Requirements - Effective Dec. 17, 2016 [PDF]
Summary of rule: General facility and specific source information must be included in the emission statements. Estimates of the amounts of emissions actually released to the atmosphere from all sources which are not exempt within the facility must be submitted by an individual who certifies that the information contained in the statement is accurate to the best of his/her knowledge. Sources that are exempt pursuant to Ohio Revised Code (ORC) 3704.011(A) are also exempt from the emission statements. Furthermore, an exemption is provided for research and development sources with a combined potential to emit of less than 5 tons/year for VOC and less than 5 tons/year for NOx or are laboratory or bench-scale research and development sources. This exemption also applies to actual emissions if the owner or operator maintains appropriate records. The information for each source must be submitted using the forms below. Once an area has been redesignated to attainment for ozone or nitrogen oxides emission statement filings are no longer required.
- Ohio EPA Statement of Actual Emissions (for download only, Word Perfect format)
- Definitions - Needed for completing the Ohio EPA Statement of Actual Emissions (for download only, Word Perfect format)
- Background Information - Explains the reason for requiring emissions statements
- Ohio EPA Source Data Sheet (for download only, Word Perfect format)
- Example 1 - Sample of a completed Ohio EPA Source Data Sheet for a boiler (for download only, Word Perfect format)
- Example 2 - Sample of a completed Ohio EPA Source Data Sheet for a coating line (for download only, Word Perfect format)
Return to Main DAPC Rules Page